OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The On-Air Production Manager will serve as the Creative Services point person on promotional materials for the original programming slate. S/he will serve as a conduit to other departments before, during and after content creation to ensure the necessary source and final materials are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The candidate must have prior experience working on original scripted series, and be detailed oriented with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, professionalism, and communication skills.
- Work with internal & external producers to manage the overall timeline for promotional assets being created by the On-Air Creative Services team for EPIX originals – teases, launch promos, VAM pieces, episodic promos, etc.
- Liaise with Original programming to obtain information on timeline and assets available for Originals – series and one-off’s
- Maintain department asset log as new promotional materials arrive from show post production
- Develop & distribute deliverables lists, as well as confirm and communicate delivery specs
- Hire vendors & assign projects. Work with Operations team to provide all necessary information on vendor billing, statements of work, and the hiring of new vendors
- Track all vendor requests for show source footage
- Help develop solutions for delivery of promotional materials from show production (e.g. – footage from non-locked episode cuts). Work with Director of Technical Ops to troubleshoot as needed
- Work with Senior Director of Production Management to oversee original series EPK shoots –liaise with network creative to set up shoots, book and manage EPK crew and budget, interface with unit publicist on network needs, etc.
- Manage delivery and distribution of EPK shoot materials including footage, releases, transcripts, etc.
- Update series promotional deliverables grid with tags and status
- Oversee tagging and formatting producers to prepare spots for air and delivery to studio partners
- Circulate key art and promo creative for talent/ filmmaker approval
- Liaise with multiple departments to determine needs, and work with original programming to plan all encompassing, 1 day promotional shoot (photos, interview, etc.), on an as-needed basis
- Hire crew and work with producer / agency to set up shoot
- Manage delivery and distribution of shoot content, transcripts, etc.
- Work with Director of Technical Operations to streamline communications with show post production teams to ensure smooth delivery of promotional assets
- Work closely with Digital Asset Manager to determine proper storage and tracking of all promotional content: Raw footage, stills, and final deliverables
- Delegate assignments to, & review work completed by, Department Production Coordinator, as it pertains to originals
- Ensure adherence to workflow and best practices within the Creative Services department
- Attend relevant department/project status meetings