OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The VP of Partner Marketing will be responsible for leading efforts to secure marketing and promotional partnerships with MVPD, SVOD, OTT and other distributors. This will be accomplished by working with a team to create and execute innovative, multi-faceted marketing campaigns to secure distribution, drive distributor and EPIX revenue, and increase exposure and engagement with the brand across all platforms.
- Grow EPIX subscribers and revenue
- Work with CMO and EVP, Content Distribution on the strategy, development, sell-in, and execution of subscription-based marketing plans that support channel priorities, and help meet revenue and distribution goals
- Manage to budget
- Develop and execute acquisition, upgrade and sales training initiatives
- Translate business objectives and strategies into subscriber-based promotions, packages, and offers that leverage the network’s high profile content and drive the consumer value proposition
- Effectively plan and maximize contractual and non-contractual marketing funds to drive subscriber penetration and revenue
- Develop and leverage tie-ins to national channel initiatives to create value with affiliates whenever relevant – Free Previews, Original Series launches, etc.
- Create direct marketing campaigns and promotions to drive customer acquisition/upgrade and retention
- Develop, plan and oversee execution of bespoke sales training initiatives, point-of-sale programs and sales incentives across all accounts – including outbound and inbound call centers, retail locations, etc. – to ensure the network has competitive share of voice with all reps and up-to-date product knowledge and materials to drive transactional sales
- Negotiate, influence, strategize, and build relationships with various internal departments including Affiliate Sales, Consumer Marketing, Programming, Creative Services, Research, Legal and Corporate Affairs to help achieve departmental goals and ensure seamless coordination and collaboration
- Act as day-to-day marketing lead with key clients to gain a thorough understanding of goals and share that intelligence among the affiliate marketing staff
- Continually evaluate and adjust marketing strategies and plans to meet changing distribution business landscape, budget realities and market needs. Identify and anticipate key marketplace trends that will affect network distribution and marketing plans in the short and long-term. Provide strategic insight into these issues and offer solutions back to senior management
- Supervise, mentor and take a personal stake in the development of the Partner Marketing Managers and Coordinators on a daily basis as well as in their execution of promotions and other key efforts